Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hello from London!

Happy New Year!

I'm here in London (worlds and worlds away from Rwanda) at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine taking a diploma course in Tropical Medicine. It's definitely a change and I miss Rwanda a lot, but it's also such a luxury to be back in school. I'll be here until April!

I'm not actually sure if anyone is still checking this site but I wanted to alert whoever is interested in following along with Nyabiheke Refugee Camp to Louise Ruhr's blog site. Louise's focus is microfinance and she will be in Rwanda the next 4 months implementing income generating projects in the camps. Please see http://louiseruhr.blogspot.com for updates from the camp.

I won't be posting much (or at all) over the next few months while here in London (pretty much just going to class and studying so it's not all that exciting) but visitors are welcome! Thanks again for everyone's support and well wishes over the past 5 months. I will update about future plans (back to Rwanda vs. Banda Aceh vs. location to be determined) as soon as I know myself!

best,
Ann

3 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ann! I saw your website address in the UW Medicine magazine just a couple of minutes ago and ran over to look you up. Sounds like you are well and, hopefully, enjoying London. I am not sure that winter there is better than winter in Boston! Only rain, rain, rain here in Seattle.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Superstar!
I'm so proud of you. Who among us follows their dreams and follows a path to help others?
Keep it up babe,
Laurie

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ann, saw your website in UW magazine, also. So proud of you, doing the Lord's work. I'm back up here in Alaska, about six months into my orthopaedic surgery practice in Soldotna. I got married last May. My wife is tolerating things well. We were in Bhutan for the month of September with Orthopaedics Overseas. Quite an interesting place. Enjoy yourself in London.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home